top of page

Registering a Manufactured Home:

Manufactured homes are governed according to the Code of Alabama 1975, Title 40 Chapter 12, and Section 255.


Manufactured homes must be registered in the Revenue Commission office within 30 days of purchase or coming into the State of Alabama.

The following information is required to register a manufactured home:

  • Bill of Sale showing Sales Tax Collected

  • Alabama Certificate of Title Application (1990 and newer)


  • Certificate of Title signed by Seller & Purchaser


  • Receipt of Sales Tax Paid from License Commission Office (Probate Judge)

  • Moving from out of state: Certificate of Title, Current Registration


  • Moving from another Alabama County: Alabama Certificate of Title, Current Registration, Move Permit


If the Manufactured Home and land are titled in the same name, and will be occupied by owner as his/her home, the Manufactured Home will be assessed as real property and Homestead may apply. An Ad Valorem decal will be issued when the property taxes are paid each year. (October 1st thru December 31st)

If a Manufactured Home is placed on land not owned by the manufactured home owner, then it is registered in our Registration Program. The decal for this type registration is renewed from October 1st thru November 30th each year. Delinquent fees will apply December 1st.

Failure to register, renew or display decal will result in a citation with penalties.


Move Permits may be purchased from the Revenue Commission Office for $10. You are required by law to present a permit before registering your Manufactured Home in another County. Registration must be current for permit to be issued.

bottom of page